SharePoint Framework Library Components provide you an option to create shared code, which can be independently versioned and deployed in the SharePoint tenant. The Library Component code can be then used and referenced cross all the components (Web Parts, Extensions, etc.) in the SharePoint tenant. Using the SharePoint app catalog deployment method, the Library Components are made available automatically to the other SharePoint Framework components.
SharePoint Framework Library Components essentially provide you the opportunity to employ a “Write Once, Use Many” development model. The functionally provided within the Library Component can be accessed by multiple other SharePoint Framework components.
- What are SharePoint Library Components?
- Challenges solved with Library Components
- Accessing Library Component Functionality
- Availability Behind the Scenes: Web Part & Extension Development
- SharePoint Library Components – Optimized Bundling – Coming Soon
- Library Component Overview:
- Library Component Tutorial:
- Blog Post on Library Components by Sergei Sergeev:
- Sample: Using Service Locator pattern in SPFx with Library components by Vardhaman Deshpande:
1 thought on “SharePoint Library Components – Introduction”