SharePoint Framework Library Components provide you an option to create shared code, which can be independently versioned and deployed in the SharePoint tenant.
The Library Component code can be then used and referenced cross all the components (Web Parts, Extensions, etc.) in the SharePoint tenant. Using the SharePoint app catalog deployment method, the Library Components are made available automatically to the other SharePoint Framework components.
SharePoint Framework Library Components essentially provide you the opportunity to employ a “Write Once, Use Everywhere” development model. The functionally provided within the Library Component can be accessed by multiple other SharePoint Framework components.
This video provide awareness and guidance if you use “npm install” after establishing the connection to your SharePoint Library Component from your Web Part or Extension.
- How to be prepared if you use “npm install” after the initial “npm link” connection has been made to your Library Component.
- All Warner Digital Library Component Videos
- Library Component Overview:
- Library Component Tutorial:
- NPM Link Official Documentation:
- Blog Post on Library Components by Sergei Sergeev:
- Sample: Using Service Locator pattern in SPFx with Library components by Vardhaman Deshpande: